Marquette's Office of International Education strongly emphasizes the importance of global understanding in today's increasingly interconnected world.
A Marquette study abroad participant will increase his or her ability to ...
1. Appreciate others from different backgrounds he or she encounters.
2. Describe the basic structures of the society of the host country (government, economy and commerce, health care, education, social services, religion, etc.).
3. Recognize one’s self and cultural context in relation to others.
4. Demonstrate a commitment to social responsibility in the global sphere.
5. Function effectively in a new environment or system.
6. Demonstrate a level of facility communicating with people from other ethnic and/or linguistic backgrounds.