Plan your own Marquette alumni event!
Each year the alumni engagement and outreach office receives numerous requests from alumni across the country to hold events in their area. We appreciate the enthusiasm of our alumni and encourage those connected to Marquette to get together.
In an effort to meet the needs of Marquette alumni, we have created the Event in a Box program. Go to the Event in a Box application form.
HOW EVENT IN A BOX WORKS
For the event planner:
- Submit the Event in a Box application form prior to the event (four to six weeks prior is recommended).
- Contact your venue to reserve space and determine price per person.
- Finalize the contract with your venue (if applicable) and coordinate logistics.
- Take registrations (when no payment is required).
- Promote your event. Contact area alumni to encourage attendance (via social media, phone calls, etc.). Work with the Marquette alumni engagement office to coordinate email blasts and/or additional social media promotion.
- Determine your volunteer job needs, such as registration, decorating, photography and clean up.
- Following the event, complete the wrap-up questionnaire and send it, along with any remaining Event in a Box supplies, to the Marquette alumni engagement office. (The questionnaire will be included with the supplies in your Event in a Box.)
The Marquette alumni engagement office will:
- Assist event planner with creation and execution of promotional plan (i.e., email blasts).
- Send Event in a Box supplies and the wrap-up questionnaire to the event planner.
- Take registrations (when payment is required).