Get started with Handshake
Log-In: Log-into Handshake
Complete your profile: Select “View Your Profile” along the left navigation to add information about your experiences, projects, courses and jobs.
- Do you want employers to be able to view your profile? If so, within the “account” tab of your profile, make sure you checked the box to make your profile public. Details.
- Upload your resume. Most Handshake postings will request applicants to submit a resume through the Handshake system. Video.
- Consider keywords! Handshake is a national platform for employers. If your profile is public employers may search for candidates by majors or keywords across multiple universities. Include keywords and skills comprehensively to ensure your profile appears in relevant searches.
If you select the “Personalize Handshake” button within the middle pane, you will be asked to respond to questions about your career interests, post-graduation plans and locations of interest. This data will help the Handshake system suggest jobs and events of interest (similar to Amazon or Netflix recommendation lists.)
Tips & videos
Follow Jobs & Companies: Follow companies and jobs to organize your activities and to-do list. Video.
Save a Job Search: Quickly see new opportunities by saving your search criteria in Handshake. Video.
Apply for Jobs & Internships: Employers may view submitted materials and user profiles when reviewing applicants. Make sure to keep your profile up to date! Video.
On-Campus interviews: Numerous employers will visit Marquette University to conduct first round interviews. Review job/internship postings associated with on-campus interviews through the “interviews” option within the left navigation. Pay close attention to the interview timeline to apply and sign-up for a specific interview time according to the employer-provided deadlines. Instructions.
Upcoming Events: Events including career fairs, networking events, information sessions and employer recruitment tables will be posted in Handshake. Review the events menu (left navigation) to view all upcoming events. Follow events to add them to your schedule and reminder list in Handshake.
Schedule a Business Career Center appointment
Schedule a Business Career Center Appointment online! Select the “appointments” option from the left navigation to review available times and sign-up online. Instructions.
- The Business Career Center also offers drop-in hours Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays from 1:00-2:30 p.m. and Tuesdays & Thursdays from 10:00-11:30 a.m.
- If you would like to request an evening appointment (starting by 5:30pm), please call our office at (414) 288-7927.