Applications are accepted throughout the year and are reviewed as soon as they are
received in completed form. Applicants are accepted as they qualify until the class
is filled. Ideally, applications would be complete in the spring.
Applicants are expected to have a bachelor's degree in any field and at least five
years of managerial or professional experience or its equivalent.
It is recommended that you complete the online application as soon as possible. Your
transcripts, letters of recommendation and GRE/GMAT score can follow later. Eligible
candidates are interviewed as the final step in the process.
You will need:
- Application form - begin with the application because this will allow us to start building your file:
- Official transcripts from each college or university you attended (except Marquette).
- GRE/GMAT score - the GMAT/GRE requirement may be waived for qualified EMBA applicants. Waivers are
based on one or more of the following situations:
- You already earned a terminal degree (i.e., Ph.D, MD or JD).
- You have a Master’s degree in a quantitative field.
- You have an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited institution with a
Quality Point Average (QPA) of 3.000 or higher and 5 or more years of progressive managerial work experience with some evidence of quantitative
ability. (Evidence of quantitative ability would be proof of successful completion
of college mathematics coursework or evidence of use of quantitative tools in your employment.)
- You have 10 or more years of progressive managerial work experience with some evidence
of quantitative ability.
The request for the waiver of the GMAT/GRE requirement can accompany your application
or can be made independently with an email to MBA@Marquette.edu.
Review sessions - as part of the EMBA program students take online review courses in the areas of accounting,
economics, mathematics and statistics prior to the fall start of the program. Students
will need to achieve a passing grade on the math module to begin the EMBA program.
- Two letters of recommendation - the first ideally will be from an immediate superior, past or present, in your
current organization. The second would be from someone outside your current organization.
- Statement of purpose/essay questions in application - at the end of the application, we ask you for additional information concerning
career goals, professional/community activities, honors and other special conditions
- Personal interview - interviews are required of all viable applicants. An interview gives the members
of the Executive MBA Admissions Committee an opportunity to learn more about you and
you an opportunity to learn more about the program. The interview should be scheduled
after college transcripts, GRE/GMAT score, resume and letters of recommendation have
Mail official transcripts and letters of recommendation to:
Marquette Executive MBA Office
Graduate School of Management, Straz Hall
P.O. Box 1881
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1881
The admissions committee reviews each application individually and considers:
- information from the written application
- letters of recommendation
- management experience
- personal interview
- previous educational experience
- demonstrated promise for personal growth and broader management responsibilities
In some cases, additional information may be requested. Each member of the committee
makes an independent assessment, which is combined to make the final decision. Applicants
selected for the program are notified immediately.