Each semester, approved course are reviewed by the director. If you have questions about courses, please contact us.
Sample Courses Include:
- ADVE 4200 Gender in Advertising from the Inside-Out
- ANTH 3330 Women and Men in Cross-Cultural Perspective
- ANTH 4320 Culture, Law and Violence
- ARBC 3210 Arabic Literature in English Translation: Arab & Muslim Women in America
- COMM 4500 Race and Gender Issues in Mass Media
- CRLS 3640 Domestic Violence in the United States
- ENGL 4611 Individual Authors: Jane Austen
- ENGL 4715 Children's Literature
- HIST 4245 Women in Western Civilization
- HIST 4953 Readings in History: Gender, Sex and Family
- HIST 4955 Undergraduate Seminar: Gender in History
- MANA 3035 Diversity in Organizations
- PHIL 3770 Feminist Philosophy
- PSYC 3220 Human Sexuality
- PSYC 4720 Psychology of Marriage and Family
- SOCI 3500 Race, Gender, and Medicine
- SOCI 4450 Sociology of Sex and Gender
- SPAN 4931 Topics in Spanish Language, Culture, and Literature: Contemporary Spanish Women
- THEO 2310 Explorations in Christian Theology: Feminist Theology
- This list may include other courses from time to time.
- Other courses relevant to INGS issues may be approved with consent of Director of INGS.
- The introductory required course is critical to the INGS major and minor and will not be waived or substituted. INGS 1001 Introduction to Gender and Sexualities Studies is offered every semester.
- INGS Minors are strongly encouraged to take the INGS 4997 Gender and Sexualities Studies Capstone Course which would count as an elective course for the minor.