M.A.P. Facilitator Application
If you wish to apply to be a facilitator for 2015 M.A.P., you should be aware of the following items.
- You must have already participated in a M.A.P. trip
- There is no drinking on these trips, even if you are of age and can legally do so. Drinking by some and not others divides the group and seems to suggest that the trips are more like vacation than service.
- All M.A.P. Facilitators (and Participants) must remain in good disciplinary standing with the University up until and including the scheduled M.A.P. trip. Specifically, students who have a student conduct violation that resulted in a probationary status extending into the program, will not be permitted to participate. Please know that a conduct check will occur both when you apply and shortly before March 7, 2015.
The role of the facilitator has three major parts:
- The first is to assist and guide a group of 4-12 students to ensure safety and encourage a positive and inclusive group dynamic.
- The second part is to organize logistics for your group in relation to your site and Marquette University.
- The third is to foster reflections that emphasize prayer, education around social justice, and reflection on responding to the call to serve.
Facilitators are expected to attend five mandatory training sessions, two large group M.A.P. Meetings, as well as one post-trip meeting.