What is Marquette's Confidentiality Policy
The Office of Disability Services (ODS) is committed to ensuring that all information and communication pertaining to a student's disability is maintained as confidential as required or permitted by law.
The following guidelines about the treatment of such information have been adopted by ODS and will be shared with students. These guidelines incorporate relevant state and federal regulations.
- No one will have immediate access to student files in ODS except appropriate staff of ODS. Any information regarding a student's disability is protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and will only be disclosed as permitted or required by FERPA.
- Sensitive information in ODS student files will not be released except in accordance with federal and state laws.
- A student's file may be released pursuant to a court order or subpoena.
- If a student wishes to have information about his/her disability shared with others, the student must provide written authorization to the Office of Disability Services to release the information. Before giving such authorization, the student should understand the purpose of the
release and to whom the information is being released.
- A student has the right to review his/her own ODS file with reasonable notification.