Test Proctoring Service
The Office of Disability Services offers Test Proctoring Services to assist professors who are having difficulties finding space in their department, or time in their schedule to proctor extended-time tests for students who receive that accommodation through our office. Links to associated forms, and explanations of the service can be found below. If you have questions after reviewing the information on this page, please contact our office at 414-288-1645 or through e-mail at email@example.com
- Work directly with the student(s) to determine an agreed upon test date and time. (Due to student’s additional testing time, students may not be able to take their tests during the normal class time.)
- Email the student and ODS (firstname.lastname@example.org) the agreed upon decision; allowing ODS time to schedule a proctor and make the necessary arrangements.
- Upon email notification from you, ODS will send a confirmation email to you and the student verifying the time and date of the testing appointment.
- Complete a Test-Proctoring Form for each student and each test for which a proctor is needed.
- Students may be scheduled to take their tests Monday through Friday, beginning at 8am, ending at 4:30. (Finals week: Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm)
- In order to assure space and a proctor, tests must be scheduled three days prior to the date the class is scheduled to take the test.(Mid-Term and Finals week: make arrangements with ODS five days prior to scheduled date.)
- Submit the completed test proctoring form to ODS in person (707 Building, Room 503), via fax (414-288-5799), or electronically (email@example.com).
- Submit the test and all necessary materials (Scan-Tron, Blue-Book, Formula Sheets, etc) no later than 24 hours before the student is scheduled to take the test.
- Tests will be returned to you per your selected option on the Test-Proctoring Form.
- Distribute letters to your professors at the beginning of the semester
- Communicate your need for the testing accommodation with professors before each exam
IF the Instructor would like ODS to provide the testing accommodation…
- Collaborate with professors to find a testing time which is agreeable and can be arranged during the testing times provided by the ODS office. (M-F 8:00am-4:30pm)
- Confirm the time with the ODS office
- Arrive on time for the testing appointment and be prepared to take the test.
- Abide by the testing rules (any adjustments made to the testing rules must be approved by the Associate Director or a Disability services representative)
ODS Testing Guidelines:
- No backpacks, jackets or cell phones will be allowed in the testing room.
- No rest room breaks will be allowed during the testing time.
- Test will begin at the appointed time and students who are late will forfeit the time they missed.
- If there are questions during the testing time, you will be given a blank sheet of paper to write out an explanation of your question and reason for the answers you gave. The paper will be submitted with the test.
In an effort to provide a fair and secure testing environment, we will follow strict testing guidelines and reserve the right to discontinue the test if there is a suspicion of cheating or there is any violation of the testing policy and rules. Professors will be made aware of any abnormalities in the testing process.
* Note: All downloadable documents are in MS Word format unless specified as pdf