The primary focus of the Center for Intercultural Engagement is to enhance the overall quality of the Marquette experience of underrepresented diverse students by supporting, facilitating, and promoting academic, social, cultural, and personal success. Office staff provide the following resources/support for undocumented students:
- Dreamers Discussion Group: mentoring and support group open to all undocumented students
- One-on-one mentoring/advising meetings with staff
- Center for Intercultural Engagement, Alumni Memorial Union, Room 111. A safe and brave space providing direct support to undocumented students and other diverse student groups
- Book Loan Program: students can borrow classroom textbooks free of charge. For additional details, please contact Bianca Howell email@example.com
- Dreamers Gala: yearly fundraising event to support Ellacuria Scholarship Fund
- Ignacio Ellacuria Scholarship: Our office oversees the scholarship selection process.
We provide the following resources for faculty and staff:
- Educational presentations focused on the undocumented student experience and national higher education trends
- Dreamers Taskforce, a Division of Student Affairs initiative, composed of ten University departments
- One-on-one discussions on student diversity and inclusion
For questions about the Office of Intercultural Engagement, contact Eva Martinez Powless, Director for Intercultural Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by the first floor of the Alumni Memorial Union, Room 111.