Schools That Can Seeking School Leadership Coach
[Back to COED Friends News]
Reports to: Managing Director of School Partnerships
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Position Type: Full-Time
[download full job description]
Schools That Can Milwaukee seeks a dedicated, passionate, and action-oriented School Leadership Coach to join our team in moving high-potential schools to new levels of excellence in Milwaukee. This role focuses on working directly with school leaders who are seeking to transform their schools from low- or average-performing to high-performing. We identify school leaders who demonstrate the character, work ethic, and belief in what’s possible for urban students and then work alongside such school leaders and their teams to provide direction and support, helping them to dramatically accelerate the process of change through the coaching of best practices of high-performing schools. The right School Leadership Coach candidate will have a passion for urban education, a results orientation, analytical skills and attention to detail, experience in leading transformational change in an urban school setting, and a strong belief that closing the achievement gap through revolutionary work in the urban school is possible. Reporting to the Managing Director of School Partnerships, the School Leadership Coach’s responsibilities include:
- On-Site Coaching Within STCM Network Schools. Work on the ground with school leaders who have high-potential to transform their schools and substantially move student academic performance. Mentor and coach the school leader and their team to implement best practices found in high performing urban schools across the country. Provide high-level leadership coaching in the areas of personnel management, board relationships, academic rigor, talent development and culture-building within the school and organization. Design action plans and support implementation.
- Lead Cross-Sector Collaborations. Join STCM’s expert team of coaches to lead cross-sector and cross-school collaborations including instructional leaders, deans of students, lead teachers, high schools and principals. Teach training sessions with school leadership teams around topics critical to high-performing urban schools.
- Identification and Dissemination of Best Practices. Lead teams of partner schools to engage and learn from some of the most successful schools locally and nationally. Interact with a diverse collection of schools and school models, including the city’s most successful school leaders, to identify, share and implement best practices. Provide opportunities for entire school teams to observe highly successful schools, sparking a belief in what is possible.
- Special Projects. Work directly with the Managing Director of School Partnerships to translate organizational priorities into actionable plans to support the schools, as needed. Assist in the development of training programs for STCM school leaders, leadership teams, and lead teachers.
Experience and Qualifications
- Three or more years of urban school leadership required.
- Graduate degree preferred.
- Substantial experience working through difficult leadership challenges in the school environment.
- Experience in training of teachers and school leaders preferred.
- Experience successfully managing a program in a fast-paced, goals-oriented environment.
- Experience at a high-performing CMO preferred.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A strong commitment to Schools That Can Milwaukee’s vision and beliefs.
- Independent, organized and a detail-oriented self-starter. Able to multi-task.
- Energetic, hard-working and enthusiastic team player. Motivated by an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, collaborative team environment with a desire to contribute to a growing organization.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral).
- Flexible, resourceful and persistent change agent.
- Creative, imaginative and innovative problem solver.
- Belief that transformational change within the urban school is possible and an urgent desire to see such change occur.
Schools That Can Milwaukee, Inc. (STCM; www.stcmilwaukee.org) was founded in July of 2010 with a vision to grow from 2,000 to over 20,000 students in high-performing Milwaukee schools by 2020. Leading an unprecedented cross-sector collaboration of talented leaders from district, charter and private schools serving predominantly low-income students, STCM is intensely pursuing three strategies: 1) Expand and Replicate Local High-Performing Schools; 2) Develop High-Potential Schools into High-Performing Schools; and 3) Recruit High-Performing School Networks & Leaders to Milwaukee. No strategy alone is the answer, but the combination of the three is transformational. Today, STCM is working with 24 traditional public, charter and private schools serving more than 10,000 students and driving towards excellence. In February 2012, after a highly competitive national process, Rocketship Education announced Milwaukee would be their first national expansion city. Schools That Can Milwaukee led the high-impact collaborative effort to recruit Rocketship.
Interested candidates should send their resume to email@example.com
WANT MORE NEWS & UP TO DATE JOB ANNOUNCEMENTS?