- Put in a work order for Design Review and attach your drawings to the work order. We prefer Solidworks drawings but will always accept Inventor, NX, and Autocad. Please include all files associated with the project into the work order. Make an attempt at properly dimesioning your part.
- Solidworks .sldprt .slddrw .sldasm (all files)
Inventor .ipt .iam .idw (all files)
- What is it? Create a short title of what you are making in 5-9 words.
- What is this thing supposed to do? How well? What is the speed / resolution / repeatability / accuracy? How long? operational cycles, number of years? What are the nearest products presently in existence? How do they compare? How big or small can/should it be? Allowable weight/inertia? Are esthetics important? (consider all five senses!) What is history of the technology?
- Who will use it? install it? service it? Skill level? Operator interfaces needed?
Where will the units be used? What conditions must it withstand during shipment?
Operation? Temperature, humidity, pressure/vacuum, vibration/shock, chemical, biological, particulate....
Any EMI/RFI/magnetics considerations? Any special materials requirements?
What energy and supplies are available for input, desired/tolerable for output?
- Who are you? (name, phone, e-mail.....)
Who is your Advisor?
- What skills do you command/need for this project? Why is the item needed?
What level of confidentiality is appropriate?
How many will be needed - considering quantity/price function?
How much are you willing to pay - for concept, prototype, production items using outside manufacturing?
When is it needed - each step; earliest, latest?
Who else might need same device - colleagues, competitors? Which attribute is best to optimize, and which attributes are simply bounds?