Healthcare institutions, medical device companies, and healthcare consulting firms have a growing need for skilled professionals with technical and managerial skills, and an understanding of the healthcare delivery and regulatory environments. Graduates of the program will have the education, skills, and credentials needed to pursue career opportunities in a variety of settings including:
- Healthcare institutions such as hospitals, clinics, health maintenance organizations, and managed care agencies;
- Companies that develop, produce, and market medical devices;
- Integrated service companies that install, manage, and service medical equipment;
- Public health and government agencies; and
- International organizations dedicated to improving healthcare in third-world and developing countries.
In the clinical environment, graduates of the program can expect to assume management responsibilities for technology assessment, acquisition, and utilization in high-tech areas such as radiology, anesthesiology, critical care, and radiation oncology. They would be qualified to function as chief technology officers for healthcare institutions.
In the industrial environment, graduates of the program can expect to assume additional technical management responsibilities for the design, development, and commercialization of medical devices. They would be qualified for advancement to high level managerial positions in research and development, regulatory affairs, and other departments within medical device companies.
List of Graduates