Fall 2014 Semester Events
December 3, 2014: Clinical Simulation Center Tours, Emory Clark Hall, Lower Level
- Please email Ms. Lindemann (email@example.com) for registration information
- During a guided tour, you will discuss medical devices, clinical equipment, and clinical practices.
- Students should be thinking about the companies who make and manufacture the equipment. Would you like to work for that company?
- Targeted majors are Biocomputing, Bioelectronics, and Biomecahnics
December 1, 2014: Rockwell Collins Recruiting Session, 4:30 - 6:00 p.m., Engineering Hall 136
- Alumni and engineers from this aerospace and defense company will be speaking about their company and recruiting for internship, co-op and entry-level positions.
- BRING YOUR RESUME!!
- Refreshments will be served.
- Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors are welcome.
- Targeted majors are Computer, Electrical and Mechanical.
November 21, 2014: PKWARE Open House, 10:00 a.m. – Noon, 201 E. Pittsburgh Ave., Milwaukee
- Students and Faculty are invited to an Open House at PKWARE. They are a local encryption and compression software company (the creators of the ZIP file standard).
- Intern and full-time roles are open
November 14, 2014: You're Invited to Something Epic! 10:00 am - 2:30 pm, Epic Headquarters
- by Friday, October 31st - CSC is providing for this event
- The day will include tech talks, Q&A panels, and role-based information sessions.
- Lunch and guided tour of the campus is included
Open to students of all majors interested in learning about the healthcare industry
November 8, 2014: Hackathon Sponsored by Direct Supply, 9:00 am - 9:00 pm, Engineering Hall 136
- NOT TO MISS!
- Gather a team, define a problem that relates to Senior Living, solve the problem, explain the problem and your solution to the judges
- You might WIN $2500
- All undergraduate and graduate engineering students and computer science students welcome!
November 6, 2014: Working in the U.S., 3:30 - 5:00 pm, David Straz (College of Business) - ROOM 105
This session is for international students seeking internships and/or employment in the United States. It is designed for business students and will include a special session on seeking internships for credit in the business school. The workshop will include three 30 minute sessions and will be facilitated by the Office of International Education and the Business Career Center.
Part 1: OPT, CPT
Part 2: General Job & Internship Search Strategies for International Students
Part 3: College of Business Internship Session
October 30, 2014: CIA Info Session, 6:00 - 7:30 pm, Alumni Memorial Union - Henke Lounge (2nd floor)
- This could indeed be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. The CIA will be hosting an information session on Marquette's campus. If you've ever dreamed of working for the CIA, this session is for you. Learn more about the CIA and the open positions for which they are recruiting.
October 24, 2014: Working in the U.S., 3:00 - 4:00 pm, Cudahy Hall Room 001
- Authorization, Job & Internship Search Strategies & the Academic Job Search
- This session is for international students seeking internships and/or employment in the United States. Will include a special session on seeking jobs in academia. The workshop will include three 30 minute sessions and will be facilitated by the Office of International Education and the Career Services Center.
- Part 1: OPT, CPT
- Part 2: General Job & Internship Search Strategies for International Students
- Part 3: Searching for Jobs in Academia
October 23, 2014: Power Construction Info Session, 5:00 - 6:30 pm, Engineering Hall Classroom 136
- Learn about internship and co-op positions, company introduction, and tips for building a successful construction career
- Dinner will be served
- Freshmen and Sophomores in Construction and Civil Engineering Majors Welcome
October 21, 2014: Rexnord Industries Info Session, 6:00 - 7:00 pm, Career Services Center Seminar Room
- Rexnord will be hosting an information session to give an overview of the company and their Technical Excellence Program, a 20 month rotational training program focused on developing high potential entry level engineering associates. The program combines a "learn by doing" approach with career mentoring and select leadership and professional development training classes to accelerate associates' early career development.
October 8, 2014: Direct Supply is Hosting EXPRESS Interview Night, Anytime between 5:30 - 7:30 pm, at Direct Supply (directions sent after you RSVP)
- RSVP by Friday October 3rd
- Event Details and open positions (intern and full-time available)
- Attending this event might result in a job offer!
October 7, 2014: Abbott Info Session, 5:30 - 6:30 pm, Engineering Hall, Classroom #136
- Attend the Abbott information session for more information about their company and open positions.
Biomedical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science, and IT Majors welcome
- Full-time and possible internship openings
- Pizza will be served
October 2, 2014: BizNet Event, coordinated by the business career center - registration via MU Career Manager.
- Network with software and IT employers at this event.
Computer and Biocomputing Majors
October 1, 2014: Mortenson Construction Info Session, 5:00 - 6:00 pm, Engineering Hall, Classroom #136
- Attend the Mortenson information session for more information about their company and open positions. MU alumni working at Mortenson will be there. Interviews the following day.
- Qdoba for dinner!
Construction Engineering and Management, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Majors
September 29, 2014: Plexus Info Session, 6:00 - 7:00 pm, Career Services Center (Holthusen Hall) - Seminar Room
- Attend the Plexus information session for more information about their company and open positions.
Biomedical, Computer, Electrical and Mechanical Majors
September 29, 2014: WipFli Consulting Info Session, 4:00 - 5:00 pm, Business Career Center, David Straz RM 265
- Following career fair, attend the WipFli information session for more information about their company and open positions.
All Engineering Majors welcome
September 25, 2014: Technical Career Fairat Marquette University, 3:00 - 7:00 pm, AMU Ballrooms - Third Floor
- Find out which companies will be at the fair
September 25, 2014: Hospira Info Session, 7:45 pm, Engineering Hall, Classroom #136
- Following career fair, attend the Hospira information session for more information about their company and open positions. Interviews the following day.
Biomedical Engineering Majors
September 24, 2014: ARCO Design/Build Inc. Info Session, 6:00 – 7:00 pm, Engineering Hall, Classroom #136
- Recruiting for co-ops
Construction Engineering and Management, Civil Engineering Majors: learn more about opportunities available
September 24, 2014: EPIC Info Session, 6:30 – 7:30 pm, Haggerty Engineering, Classroom #125
- Engineering students with focus on computing and electronics in the healthcare field
- Hosted by IEEE Student Chapter, Randall Neu - President
Epic makes software for mid-size and large medical groups, hospitals and integrated healthcare organizations – working with customers that include community hospitals, academic facilities, children's organizations, safety net providers and multi-hospital systems. Our integrated software spans clinical, access and revenue functions and extends into the home.
September 23, 2014: Brady Corporation Info Session, 6:00 – 7:00 pm, Career Services Center (Holthusen Hall) - Seminar Room
- Recruiting for co-op, intern & full-time
Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Majors: learn more about opportunities available
September 23, 2014: Modine Info Session, 6:00 – 7:00 pm, Engineering Hall, Classroom #136
- Recruiting for co-ops
Mechanical and Biomechanical Engineering Majors: learn more about opportunities available
September 22, 2014: GE Healthcare Info Session, 6:00 – 7:00 pm, Olin Engineering RM 202
- Engineering majors interested in design, operations management, quality and IT careers should attend. Special focus on the co-op and internship program for Computer, Computer Science, IT, Electrical, Biocomputer, Bioelectronics, Mechanical, Biomechanical majors. M.S. students qualify for the quality leadership program; these are full-time positions.
September 17, 2014: Rockwell Automation Recruiting Event & Corn Roast, 4:00 – 7:00 pm, Underneath OLIN ENGINEEING Overhang
- Learn more about the company and their open positions from engineering students who work at Rockwell, engineering employees, and human resources. Great food, drawings, and a social atmosphere. All engineering students, faculty and staff are welcome.
September 10, 2014: Greenheck Fan Corporation on-campus in their Mobile Learning Center