David Leigh joined Marquette as Head Athletic Trainer in 1984. In 1999 he joined
the College of Health Science and helped develop the Athletic Training Program. In 2006, he became full-time in the College of Health Science. David is in the Wisconsin Athletic Trainers Hall of Fame (2006) and was named Outstanding Educator for the WATA (2009). David has worked at the Pan American Games and Goodwill games. David is interested in concussion research and functional rehabilitation.
- 1976, M.S., Physical Education, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ.
- 1975, B.A., Physical Education, California State University, Long Beach, CA.
- EXSC 1010 First Aid and CPR
- ATTR 2981 Clinical Proficiencies in Athletic Training
- ATTR 2130 Assessment of Athletic Injuries
- ATTR 1020 Prevention and Care of Athletic Injuries
- ATTR 2131 Assessment of Upper Extremity Injuries
- ATTR 2982 Clinical Proficiencies in Athletic Training
- EXSC 1050 Surface Anatomy Palpation
- Licensed Athletic Trainer, State of Wisconsin
- National Certification as an Athletic Trainer, NATA 1976
Professional memberships and offices held
- NATA Certified 1976
- Great Lakes Athletic Trainer Association
- Wisconsin Athletic Trainers Association