Freshmen – Apply today
Freshman applicants seek to enroll as full-time undergraduate students at Marquette University. Any student enrolled in high school or any full-time-seeking student who has not earned postsecondary college credit may apply as a freshman. High school students enrolled in college course work while in high school (dual enrollment) are freshman applicants.
International students (non-U.S. citizens) who match the characteristics above can apply as a freshman but have unique requirements and should visit the Office of International Education for instructions.
Ready? Begin your application.
The Marquette application for admission:
(Choose to complete and submit either the Marquette application or the Common App.)
- Priority application deadline: December 1
(Applications received after December 1 are reviewed on a space-available basis.)
International applicants, refer to the Office of International Education for deadlines.
- Scholarship deadline: February 1
- Complete timeline
What you'll need to complete your application:
- Official high school transcript(s)
- ACT or SAT scores from testing organization or on high school transcript
- Essay (tips) and extracurricular activities list (submitted in application or separately)
Other items you might submit (not required):
- Additional personal statement
- Letters of recommendation
- College transcripts, upper level IB scores and AP exam scores (These may be sent at a later time and are not needed for freshman application review.)
Upon receipt of your application, we will email access information for your online application account. Through this account, you may return to your application and check the status. Application review begins once we receive your online application and all supporting materials. Beginning in late September, admission decisions are mailed 2–3 weeks following the submission of your application and receipt of all supporting materials.