Access our ongoing ONLINE ORIENTATION, intended for incoming spring 2014 Graduate School students. Get familiarized with our campus, policies, and procedures.
We also offer an in-person orientation for the incoming fall class. Information on the live event is below. Since you are beginning your studies in spring, you may access the online orientation now to get started at Marquette. You may also attend the August event along with the incoming fall class to find out about the next academic year's university policy changes.
Please note that neither orientation offered by the Graduate School is mandatory.
1324 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Activities 4:30 - 6 p.m.
Presentation 6 - 7:30 p.m.
Social 7:30 - 8 p.m.
The Graduate School will host its orientation for incoming graduate students Thursday evening, August 21, 2014. Our goal is to present useful information on how to succeed in your programs, what campus services are available to you, and what it means to study at a Catholic, Jesuit university.
Topics will include:
- Graduate Student Academic Requirements
- Policies of the Graduate School
- Library Resources
- IT Services and Computer Lab Information
- On-campus Health and Wellness Services
- Health Insurance Options
- Student Organizations of PFF and GSO
- Campus Life / Campus Resources
- Graduate School Office Information
The event will be held in the Varsity Theatre (1324 W. Wisconsin Ave.), with a lecture-style presentation starting at 6 p.m. and ending at 7:30 p.m., featuring several speakers. Refreshments will be offered prior to the presentation.
- View speaker slides from the fall 2013 orientation.
Note: The 2014 speaker slides will be printed and placed in the folders.
- View informational slides for last year's event.
Note: The 2014 informational slides will be scrolling in the theatre prior to this fall's presentation.
- View the 2013 speaker video recordings to get an idea of what will be presented this fall.
- Activities (4:30 - 6 p.m.), Activities will be held in the Varsity Theatre lobby with the exception of getting ID cards and purchasing books. MUID's will be taken in the Alumni Memorial Union; the campus bookstores will be open prior to and during the event.
- Program Agenda (6 - 7:30 p.m.), The presentation will be held in the Varsity Theatre.
- Graduate Student Social (7:30 - 8 p.m.), A student social with light refreshments, hosted by Marquette University's Graduate Student Organization, is scheduled to be held in the lobby of the Varsity Theatre after the presentation.
- Information about parking, directions, and additional information for the event.
- Sign up for our in-person event online now!
- Call the Graduate School at (414) 288-7137 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday for additional information, or email email@example.com.
Other Orientation Opportunities