CLS Student Awards
2013 Wisconsin Annual Meeting of the American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science
Clinical Laboratory Science seniors did Marquette proud at the Annual Meeting of the American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science - Wisconsin in April. Nearly 80 CLS students from Wisconsin universities presented 67 scientific posters at this meeting, and Marquette seniors won 8 of the 12 awards, including first-place awards in each of the 4 categories.
2013 award winners:
Faculty Sponsored Research:
- 1st Place: Michelle Hibbard – Should the ESwab be used in the Lab?
- 2nd Place: Emily Henn– Evaluation of the Nanosphere Verigene® Gram-Positive Blood Culture Nucleic Acid Test (BC-GP)
- 3rd Place: Stephen Wright– Analysis of Adhesive Properties of Non-Albicans Candida
- 1st Place: Maia Luthi – Out with the Old, In with the New: A Comparative Study of Immunoassay Analyzers in the Clinical Setting
- 3rd Place: Nikola Ljubic– A Validation Study of a Beckman Coulter Airfuge
- 1st Place:
Dan Meier – Platelet Problems: Detecting Contaminated Platelet Units
- 2nd Place:
Megan Masters – Using Saliva Tissue Factor to Monitor Warfarin Therapy
- 1st Place:
Elizabeth Kriefall – Prothrombin Mutation: A Case Study