To maintain a lifetime of better health, it is important for you to identify your individual risk factors and try to modify your lifestyle as appropriate. By completing a Health Risk Assessment (HRA), you will also save money on your health care premiums.
Marquette University has partnered with Aurora Health Care to oversee the HRA process, including conducting the on-campus biometric screenings and providing educational resources to those individuals whose situation may be in need of medical support. We encourage all employees to ask questions to Aurora or their primary care provider about their biometric results.
- All Marquette University employees and spouses or same-sex domestic partners are eligible for the HRA, even if you do not you currently take advantage of the university’s health insurance plans.
- Marquette University will not receive individual results. In maintaining HIPAA compliance, Marquette University will only receive a group summary report indicating “yes” or “no” if the employee completed the Health Risk Assessment process.
How to complete your Health Risk Assessment
The university's annual enrollment period for 2015 benefit elections will run from Monday, Oct. 27, 2014 through Friday, Nov. 14, 2014. The HRA is a two step process. Both steps of the HRA need to be completed to be considered for the health care premium discount.
- The first step is a fasting biometric screening which is a simple finger stick test that will analyze your cholesterol, HDL and glucose. The results are available in about 15 minutes. Blood pressure, pulse, height, weight, and body mass index will also be recorded. You have three options for completing your biometric screening:
- Option Three: Complete a comparable biometric screening at a spouse's or same-sex domestic partner's employer sponsored HRA screening and fax directly to Justin at Aurora Healthcare at
Biometric screenings must fall between Tuesday, July 1st, 2014 and Friday, Nov. 21st, 2014
- The second step is to complete an online questionnaire using the results from your biometric screening using one of the above options outlined.
This questionnaire will be available in late October. Please watch this website or News Briefs for updates as we get closer to the Annual Enrollment period.
- Beginning in July 2014, information regarding the Health Risk Assessment Process for the 2015 Annual Enrollment period (10/27/14 thru 11/14/14) will be updated in this area as well as the Human Resources Benefits Website.