Guidelines for Developing a Concept Paper
Submitting a concept paper helps provide all the necessary information required for consideration. Keep in mind concepts should not exceed three pages must include the following:
- A description of the academic program.
- Identify how new program is consistent with university mission and promotes strategic initiatives of the college and university.
- How the new program is consistent with the strength and core competencies of the department and/or college/school.
- Capability of college/department to deliver the new program with high quality.
- Program is not similar to or does not compete with a current or planned program within the university.
- Sustainability of program on a long-term basis.
- Are the characteristics of the new program distinctive from similar programs offered by the competition?
- General statement on student outcomes, market outlook and preliminary enrollment goals.
- Overview of all resource requirements both operating and capital.
- Potential to enhance the reputation of Marquette.
- Identify where the program would be administratively housed.
*Taken from the Provost’s Academic Program Approval Guidelines.