This information is for student applicants setting up their Marquette account.
PART ONE: REGISTER YOUR PHONE NUMBER OR SECONDARY EMAIL
Note: If you are having trouble registering your secondary email or phone number for password recovery,
- Marquette University sends a CheckMarq welcome email message to the personal email accounts of student applicants. Make sure you have that email handy because it lists your email address, username and initial password.
- Go to https://pwdreg.mu.edu/. (This link opens in a new browser tab or window.) A "Microsoft Azure" web page appears.
Look for the green padlock and "Microsoft Corporation" label in the web browser address bar, signifying this is a valid and secure site, run by Marquette's partner, Microsoft.
Enter your Marquette email address and click or tap Continue.
- A new Marquette University screen appears prompting you for your password. Enter your password and click or tap Sign in.
- Once you are logged in successfully, you will see the "Don't lose access to your account!" page. Note there is a time limit on this page. You need set up at least one method of recovering your password: Authentication Phone or Authentication Email.
Click or tap the Set it up now link for Authentication Phone, Authentication Email or set up both.
- A) If you choose Authentication Phone, you are prompted to provide your authentication phone number. From the drop-down menu, select your country or region. Then enter your phone number.
Choose text me or call me to verify your phone number.
If you selected text me, your phone will receive a Microsoft verification text with a multi-digit code. Enter that code in the text field provided on the web page and click or tap verify.
If you selected call me, you will receive an automated call. Press the pound key (the # symbol) to authorize your phone number.
B) If you choose Authentication Email, you are prompted to provide your authentication email. This email must be a non-Marquette email address. Enter your secondary email address and click or tap email me.
You are sent an email message with a verification code to your authentication email. Check your secondary email inbox and note the multi-digit code.
Enter the code in the text field that appears on the web page and click or tap verify.
If you entered the code correctly, your authentication email will be verified.
- You return to the "Don't lose access to your account!" page. Click or tap finish.
- The "Applications" page appears. In the upper right, your Marquette email address is displayed. Click or tap your Marquette email and select Sign out.
please contact the IT Services Help Desk
at (414) 288-7799.
PART TWO: RESET YOUR PASSWORD
- Next, to create a new password for your Marquette account, go to https://reset.mu.edu/. (This link opens in a new browser tab or window.)
You are prompted for your "User ID"; enter your Marquette email address in the "User ID" field. Refer to the welcome email for your email address.
Important: Your Marquette email address must contain marquette.edu. The shorter mu.edu version of your email address will not work.
After you enter your Marquette email address, the top image will switch from Microsoft to the Marquette University logo.
Now enter the characters in the picture (or the words in the audio). Click or tap Next.
- The "Why are you having trouble signing in?" page appears. Keep "I forgot my password" selected and click or tap Next.
- If you have an authentication email set up, select Email my alternate email and click or tap Email.
You are sent an email message with a verification code to your authentication email. Check your secondary email inbox and note the multi-digit code. Enter the code in the text field provided on the web page and click or tap Next.
If authentication was successful, skip to Step 5.
- If you have an authentication phone set up, choose either Text my mobile phone or Call my mobile phone.
For "Text my mobile phone":
Enter the authentication phone number and click or tap Text.
You will receive a Microsoft verification text with a multi-digit code. Enter that code in the text field provided on the web page and click or tap Next.
For "Call my mobile phone":
Enter the authentication phone number and click or tap Call.
You will receive an automated call. Press the pound key (the # symbol) to continue.
- If your authentication was successful, you will be prompted to choose your new password. Please note:
Enter your new password then re-enter your new password. Click Finish.
- Your new password must be 8 characters long or more.
- It must include THREE of the following:
· UPPERCASE characters (A to Z)
· lowercase characters (a to z)
· Numbers 0 through 9
· Non-alphabet characters, for example !,$,#,%
- It must not include all or part of:
· your username
· your first name
· your last name
- The web page indicates if the password reset was successful.
Note that a successful password reset takes a few minutes to finalize.
If you did not successfully reset your password, review the password requirements above then retry your password reset.
- If the reset was successful, close the browser window. Login with your new password to Marquette University systems, such as the CheckMarq student information system or the eMarq email system.
If you have further questions, see the Frequently Asked Questions or contact the IT Services Help Desk at (414) 288-7799.