iPhones, iPads and iPod Touches are not officially supported and will be provided best effort support only.
Note: These eMarq setup instructions are for iOS 4. To check your version, connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch to iTunes. Within iTunes, make sure your device is selected in the left column. On the summary tab, note the software version and make sure it is 4 to continue with these instructions.
- Please be very careful with your typing. A single typo will cause your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch to not connect with eMarq.
- First, make sure you have an active network connection by browsing with Safari. If you are on campus, Safari can help you determine whether you are using the AT&T network (Edge or 3G) or the Marquette University MU_Wireless network. If you are using MU_Wireless, Safari will prompt you to enter your Marqnet username and password. Please do so to establish a wireless connection. Otherwise, if Safari can browse web pages, you have a network connection and you may continue.
- Locate your Settings icon (usually on the home screen by default) and tap it.
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Tap Add Account...
- Tap Microsoft Exchange
Note: The iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch OS will only support one account using Microsoft Exchange.
- Enter your e-mail address as email@example.com (example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- For domain, enter marqnet
- For username, enter your username (example: 2134smithj)
- For password, enter your password
- For description: If you want, you may shorten the description to "eMarq" or "Marquette" instead of your full Marquette email address.
- Tap Next. iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch will attempt to verify Exchange account information.
- If you see the "Unable to verify certificate" notice, tap Continue.
- Wait for further verification. The setup screen returns with a new item, Server. If the Server field is blank, enter emarq.marquette.edu
- Tap Next.
- If you see verification failed, you may have a typo. Please cancel and try re-entering your information. Also, note that the eMarq system will allow three login attempts. After three unsuccessful attempts, your account is locked out from access for 15 minutes.
Otherwise, wait to see "Exchange account verified." You will be prompted to select info to synchronize using Exchange. If you just want Mail, leave Mail as ON and turn Contacts OFF and Calendars OFF.
- Tap Save.
- Press the home button on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
- Tap the Mail icon to check your Inbox. Try sending an email to yourself to test mail sending.
Note: by default, three days of mail from eMarq will sync. If you have not received e-mail within three days, no messages will appear in your Inbox.
- You're done!
Secure and configure your mobile phones and devices including iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch for use at Marquette
For more information, contact the IT Services Help Desk.