For university-purchased printers, Sentinel Technologies services printers on campus, including but not limited to HP (Hewlett Packard), Epson, Lexmark and Okidata printers.
Departments may continue to use a different method to service your printers (e.g. buy toner, receive no-charge labor). It is recommended, however, that you purchase your toner supplies from one of our preferred suppliers (e.g.
OfficeMax or CDWG) and only pay for repairs when they are needed.
In order to assure consistency in printer support, please follow this procedure:
- If you experience a problem with a university-owned printer, contact the IT Services Help Desk at (414) 288-7799. Be prepared to provide information on the printer model, serial number, and applicable warranty coverage.
- Help Desk staff will attempt to resolve your problem over the phone or dispatch a consultant to diagnose/resolve your problem.
- If your problem is determined to be hardware related:
- Laser Printer: Your request for assistance will be assigned to Sentinel Technologies.
- Ink Jet Printers: You will be encouraged to replace the defective unit with a new ink jet or laser printer (repair of ink jet printers is not cost effective).
- Sentinel Technologies will provide on-site service within four working hours. A Marquette Financial System (MFS) Purchase Order or use of the university credit card will be required prior to or at the time of service.