Marquette Web VPN connects you to online resources restricted to the university campus while you are away from Marquette. The Web VPN is designed for students, faculty and staff who already have a commercial high-speed Internet service, such as Road Runner
. This secure connection from outside of Marquette is called a virtual private network or VPN.
NOTE: Marquette Web VPN is not for use in on-campus facilities such as administrative and academic buildings and in the student residence halls and university apartments. These buildings already have an on-campus connection to Marquette resources.
Why should I use Marquette Web VPN?
With Web VPN, you can...
- Reach library research databases without entering your name and 14-digit library bar code.
- Visit campus-restricted web sites
- Access faculty/staff systems such as the Marquette Financial System or HR/Payroll
Can my computer run Marquette Web VPN?
Your Windows computer
should have a high-speed network connection via cable or DSL modem and meet the minimum system requirements.
For Mac users, your Macintosh computer
should be running Mac OS X with a high-speed network connection via cable or DSL modem and meet the minimum system requirements.
Login to Marquette Web VPN to install a client program
- Login at https://vpn.marquette.edu/
- The Cisco AnyConnect Security Mobility Client will install on your computer.
- Once installed, if it's not already active, launch the Cisco AnyConnect Security Mobility Client.
- Make sure that vpn.marquette.edu appears as the location each time you connect.
- Use this VPN client program for subsequent VPN connections.
Web VPN uses your Marqnet username and password
To use Web VPN, you will need to know your Marqnet username and password.
For more Marquette Web VPN help, contact the IT Services Help Desk.