Digital Media Studio Equipment Assistant
Location: Reserves & Media Services Desk - Raynor/Memorial Libraries
Position: Digital Media Studio Equipment Assistant
Job File Number: 85692
Work days/times: Morning, evening & weekends may be required as well as break periods.
Hours per week: 6-15
Start date: Negotiable. Currently hiring for Summer & Fall 2017
Supervisor: Joseph Humer
Number of openings: 3-4
- Position is a customer-service job which entails extensive public contact.
- Provides technical support and instruction to users on the library's circulating equipment.
- Checks in/out Digital Media Studio Equipment including HD video cameras, iPads, laptops and tripods.
- Provides basic maintenance of the Digital Media equipment.
- Exercises judgment in interpreting guidelines and in referring users to Raynor Library and Marquette University staff.
- Organize and inventory equipment.
- Provide support for the large format printing offered by Raynor Library.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a highly developed work ethic.
- Must have excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently with little direct supervision.
- Must have a technical aptitude and excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Position requires a commitment of at least 6 hours per week and may include morning, evening and weekend shifts as well as break periods.
- Must attend staff meetings.
- Customer service experience preferred, but not required.