February 2012—Raynor Memorial Libraries, the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures, and the Office of International Education are offering a new Global Discussion Series. The series will launch with:
"What's Next for Europe? Open Questions for European Studies"
Wednesday, February 29
4:00 - 5:30 p.m., Raynor Library Conference Center
Join an informal and interdisciplinary discussion surrounding global issues. A lively discussion will encourage awareness of international events and focus on the large questions facing the region. The series is designed to allow students and faculty to share their views, experience, and research questions to provide direction to students looking to explore such issue in greater depth. A panel of faculty experts will briefly sketch social and political background and critical issues and a librarian will offer reliable resources to dig deeper into the topics discussed.
- Dr. Abdur Chowdhury (Chair and Professor, Economics)
- Dr. John Jentz (Librarian and liaison to the departments of History and Foreign Languages)
- Dr. Anne Pasero (Associate Professor of Spanish)
- Dr. John Pustejovsky, Moderator (Associate Professor of German)
- Dr. Duane Swank (Professor, Political Science)
All faculty and students are invited to join the conversation. Coffee, tea, and cookies will be available.