Sept. 29, 2016: Digital Scholarship Symposium
Plan to join us for this year‘s symposium on digital scholarship and learning, slated for Thursday, September 29, 2016, at Marquette University‘s Raynor Memorial Libraries.
- Date: Thursday, September 29, 2016
- Time: 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
- Location: Raynor Library, Beaumier Suites B/C
- >> RSVP Now
Dr. Sharon Leon, Director of Public Projects, Roy Rosenzweig Center for History and New Media, Associate Professor of History, George Mason University; 2016-17 AMUW Women‘s Chair in Humanistic Studies, Marquette University
Dr. Bethany Nowviskie, Director of the Digital Library Federation; Research Associate Professor of Digital
Humanities in the Department of English, University of Virginia
>> View Dr. Nowviskie's bio
Registration and coffee
Welcome: Janice Welburn, Dean, University Libraries
Introductory remarks: Dr. Gary Meyer, Senior Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs, Marquette University
Keynote: Dr. Bethany Nowviskie, "Alternate Futures, Usable Pasts"
Keynote: Dr. Sharon Leon, "Reading between the Lines: Inquiry-Driven Digital Scholarly Infrastructure"
Faculty Panel Discussion: Tools and Technologies for Digital Scholarship
11:45 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Lunch (provided by the Libraries)
- Who should attend? The symposium will be of particular interest to faculty, graduate students, and librarians but is open to and the entire Marquette community.
- Cost: Free
- Registration: Registration is required. >> RSVP Now
- Questions? Contact Elisa Coghlan, firstname.lastname@example.org or (414) 288-7068.
- Raynor Memorial Libraries
- The Department of History
- The Digital Scholarship Work Group
- The University Library Board
View other upcoming events at Raynor Memorial Libraries.