Classes typically taught:
- COSC 2200 Hardware Systems
- COSC 3250 Operating Systems
- COSC 3410 Programming Languages
- COSC 4400 Compiler Construction
- COSC 4931 Embedded Systems
- Real-time, embedded, and interrupt-driven systems
- Software engineering
- Computer science education
- XinuPi: Porting a Lightweight Educational Operating System to the Raspberry Pi Eric Biggers, Farzeen Harunani, Tyler Much, Dennis Brylow. WESE 2013: Workshop on Embedded and Cyber-Physical Systems Education, Montreal, Quebec, October 2013.
- CS4Impact: measuring computational thinking concepts present in CS4HS participant lesson plans Heather Bort, Dennis Brylow SIGCSE '13 Proceeding of the 44th ACM technical symposium on Computer science education, 2013.
- Down-to-Earth Educational Operating System for Up-in-the-Cloud Many-Core Architectures Michael Ziwisky, Kyle Persohn, Dennis Brylow ACM Transactions on Computing Education (TOCE), Volume 13, number 1, pages 4:1-4:12, January 2013.
- Michael Ziwisky, Dennis Brylow. BareMichael: A minimalistic Bare-metal Framework for the Intel SCC, In Proceedings of MARC Symposium 2012: 6th Many-core Applications Research Community (MARC) Symposium, Eric Noulard and Simon Vernhes (Ed.), ONERA - Toulouse, France, July 2012. The manuscript was recognized with a Best Paper Award, 2nd place, at the MARC Symposium.
- Paul Ruth, Dennis Brylow. An Experimental Nexos Laboratory Using Virtual Xinu. FIE 2011: In Proceedings of 41st ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference, pages S2E-1-S2E-6, Rapid City, South Dakota, October 2011. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/FIE.2011.6143069