Get Involved

A transcript is a complete and unabridged copy of all academic work attempted at Marquette and includes only those courses attempted at Marquette. Course and grade information contained on the transcript is released only upon written consent from the student as required by the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974. See Marquette's FERPA policy.

Marquette uses U.S. mail, Federal Express (FEDEX) and eTranscripts via the National Student Clearinghouse to deliver transcripts.

Marquette accepts electronically delivered transcripts sent via a secure 3rd party method that has been verified by the sending university but does not accept or send transcripts via email or facsimile.

How to obtain a transcript

Transcript requests can be made online, by mail or in person.

Transcript requests are not accepted via fax or email.

How do I remove a hold on releasing my transcript?

If you have bursar or loan account holds, your transcript will not be issued until the holds are resolved. Please contact Marquette Central at (414) 288-4000 to discuss your transcript hold.

Cost for processing a transcript

  • Standard processing for paper transcripts or eTranscripts is $7.00 per transcript and processed within three business days.

  • Rush processing for paper transcripts or eTranscripts is $10.00 per transcript.
    >Paper transcripts processed while you wait.
    >Paper transcripts processed and mailed via U.S. mail or available for pick up within one business day.
    >eTranscripts processed within one business day.

  • Rush-Federal Express overnight delivery is $10.00 per transcript plus $25 for delivery to US addresses or $50 for delivery to international addresses.
    >Paper transcripts processed while you wait.
    >Paper transcripts processed within one business day.

Transcript requests will not be processed without full payment.

Transcript requests must be received by 4 p.m. CT or they will be processed as if received the next business day.

Issue to student or send directly

Every transcript that is issued directly to a student is clearly marked as such. Because many institutions and other entities will not accept a transcript that has been in the student's possession, we strongly recommend you request the Office of the Registrar to mail a transcript directly to the institution/entity involved. If you choose not to follow this recommendation, you are liable for any further charges for additional transcripts.



The Office of the Registrar is the official keeper of academic records including course registrations, grades, transcripts and diplomas.

Find information about...

Trouble finding something? Contact the Office of the Registrar