Starting with fall 2009 courses, Marquette adopted a new protocol for course numbering, therefore this translator is no longer being updated.
Select a subject area to see old to new course number translations and click "go."
New Course Numbering at a Glance
- 1000-1999: Usually taken by first-year students; introductory lower-division undergraduate courses
- 2000-2999: Usually taken by second- or third-year students; lower-division undergraduate courses
- 3000-3999: Usually taken by third- or fourth-year students; upper-division undergraduate courses
- 4000-4999: Advanced upper-division undergraduate courses
- 5000-5999: Post-baccalaureate or graduate courses that are cross-listed with upper-division undergraduate courses
- 6000-6999: Master's-level courses; open to graduate students
- 7000-7999: Professional-level courses; open to students seeking a professional degree
- 8000-8999: Doctoral-level courses; open to students seeking a doctoral degree
- 9000-9999: Special-needs courses (e.g., full-time equivalency courses, study abroad placeholder courses)