Marquette Studies in Philosophy began in 1993 under the general editorship of Dr. Andrew Tallon and has been adding 3 or 4 books per year. Accessibly priced paperbacks make available a wide range of philosophical studies, including recent books and important out-of-print works. Regularly reprinting keeps all titles in print.
Series Editor, Andrew Tallon
(Titles are by most recent first...)
- 87. Opposition and Philosophy, by Piotr Hoffman
- 86. John Henry Newman: Man of Letters, by M. Katherine Tillman
- 85. The Thoughtful Heart. The Metaphysics of John Henry Newman with a fully annotated reader's text of Newman's Discursive Enquiries on Metaphysical Subjects, by William F. Myers
- 84. Hircocervi & Other Metaphysical Wonders: Essays in Honor of John P. Doyle, edited by Victor M. Salas
- 83. Restless Mind: Curiositas & the Scope of Inquiry in St. Augustine’s Psychology, by Joseph Torchia, O.P.
- 82. Transformative Leisure : A Philosophy of Communication, by Annette M. Holba
- 81. Agon in Nietzsche, by Yunus Tuncel
- 80. Metaphysics of Modernity: What Makes Societies Thrive, by Ulrigh Steinvorth
- 78. On the Teacher: Saint Augustine & Saint Thomas Aquinas: A Comparison, by William Ligon Wade, SJ, edited by John P. Doyle
- 77. De-Facing the Other: Reason, Ethics, & Politics after Difference by Stephen Minister
- 76. Essays on the Philosophy of Henry of Ghent, by Roland J. Teske, SJ
- 75. The Judeo-Christian-Islamic Heritage: Philosophical & Theological Perspectives, edited by Richard C. Taylor & Irfan A. Omar
- 74. Ethical & Epistemic Normativity: Lonergan & Virtue Epistemology, by Dalibor Renic, SJ.
- 73.Tolle Lege. Essays on Augustine & on Medieval Philosophy in Honor of Roland J. Teske, SJ.
- 72. The Problems of Suffering & Evil, by John Cowburn, SJ
- 71. Recent Catholic Philosophy: The Twentieth Century, by Alan Vincelette
- 70. Husserl's Account of Our Consciousness of Time, by James R. Mensch
Uneasy Relations: Reason in Literature and Science from Aristotle to Darwin and Blake, by Jane Rupert
Doing Better: The Next Revolution in Ethics, by Tad Dunne
- 67. Inference and the Metaphysic of Reason: An Onto-Epistemological Critique, by Phillip Stambovsky
- 66. Augustine of Hippo: Philosopher, Exegete, & Theologian, by Roland J Teske, SJ.
- 65. Being for the Other: Emmanuel Levinas, Ethical Living and Psychoanalysis, by Paul Marcus
- 64. Work and Play. Collected papers on the Philosophy of Psychology (1938-1963) by Rudolf Allers. Edited & with an Introduction by Alexander Batthyany, Jorge Olaechea Catter, and Andrew Tallon
- 63. The Foundations of Aristotle's Categorial Scheme, by Paul Studtmann
- 62. The Constitution of the Human Being by Max Scheler. From the posthumous works, volumes 11 and 12. Translated by John Cutting
- 61. Becoming within Being, by Constantin Noica. Translated by Alistair Ian Blyth
The Feeling of Meaninglessness: A Challenge to Psychotherapy and Philosophy, by Viktor Frankl
- 59. A Guide to Merleau-Ponty's Phenomenology of Perception, by George J. Marshall
- 58. Recent Catholic Philosophy: The Nineteenth Century, by Alan Vincelette
- 57. Parmenides, Cosmos, and Being: A Philosophical Interpretation, by Panagiotis Thanassas
- 56. Free Will, Predestination and Determinism, by John Cowburn, SJ.
- 55. Philosophical Leisure: Recuperative Praxis for Human Communication, by Annette Holba
- 54. A Path to Peace. Fresh Hope for the World. Dramatic Explorations, by Gabriel Marcel. Five Plays. Translated & Introduced by Katharine Rose Hanley
- 53. G-d, Rationality and Mysticism, by Irving Block
- 52. Suárez. Between Scholasticism & Modernity, by José Pereira
- 51. Studies in the Philosophy of William of Auvergne, Bishop of Paris (1228-1249), by Roland J. Teske, SJ.