College of Nursing faculty are committed to the discovery of knowledge
through systematic investigation and scientific inquiry while embracing
high ethical standards and protecting the integrity of all involved. The
teacher-scholar model is central to our work.
Key to our mission is fostering faculty proficiency in the areas of
knowledge development and scientific inquiry. We strive to develop a
community of scholars and researchers that supports research and
scholarly productivity of individual faculty and the college at large. A
major goal of our research is to address the needs of vulnerable
individuals and populations.
The Office of Nursing Research and Scholarship is designed to
encourage and support scientific investigations by faculty and students.
Services provided by the ONRS include:
- Assistance in locating funding opportunities
- Grant application preparation and submission
- Consultation for design and data analysis
- Conduct of scientific studies
- Budgetary development
- Scientific review of proposals
- Personnel management guidance
- Assistance with annual report preparation
- Guidance for protection of human subjects
- Maintenance and dissemination of information on funding
opportunities, conferences, research development and training
- Coordination of research colloquia for faculty
- Consultation on research program development
- Coordination of research mentoring program
- Support for dissemination activities
- Resources such as clinical agency IRB requirements, instrument repository, etc.
Grant process forms
Research assistant services request form