Temporary Housing Upon Arrival

If you will live in a Marquette residence hall or need permanent off-campus housing, you may need to arrange for temporary housing before you move into your permanent room or find an apartment. We recommend that you make reservations directly with a local hotel as soon as possible, if needed. There are many cultural and sporting events in Milwaukee, and sometimes hotels become filled. More information about hotels in downtown Milwaukee and other travel information is available on the "Visit Marquette" webpage.

Permanent Housing During the Academic Year

Residence Hall on-campus: If you submitted an application for a university residence hall, you may move into your residence hall on January 14. (Please request Temporary Housing if you need a room during the international orientation which begins on August 21.) More information about living on-campus is available on the "Life at Marquette" webpage. And don’t forget to check out information about specialty housing options like the Engineering or the CommUNITY floors.

Exchange students: If you have been assigned to housing in Campus Town Apartments (Global Village), you may move into your assigned apartments on or after January 5, 2018.

Students living off-campus: Plan to arrive early enough to locate satisfactory accommodations. The Office of University Apartments and Off-Campus Student Services can help you begin your search for an apartment. You may contact this office via email or visit the Off-Campus Student Services web page.

Undergraduate Residence Hall Policy

All new undergraduate students are required to live in a university residence hall during their first two years of study unless they are 21 years old or older, more than two years out of high school or living with their parents. If you wish to request a waiver of this policy, please contact OIE as soon as possible.

Students who desire a halal diet can request special arrangements with Marquette’s food service to provide a basic halal entrée/main course option to supplement the standard dining offerings already acceptable for halal. If you wish to request such arrangements, please send your request to OIE.