The University Communication team promotes Marquette through traditional media, social media, print publications and e-communication.
On campus, we provide assistance about how to best publicize events. We also offer media training and develop key messages for communicating about difficult situations and managing critical incidents.
University Communication services
- Media relations and external communication on marquette.edu and in the News Center
- Internal communication through vehicles such as News Briefs and Marquette Matters
- Parent communication via the Parents Newsletter and Parents website
- Alumni communication in Marquette Magazine, the Alumni Association newsletter, and college-specific newsletters and publications
- Social media communication on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Flickr, Tumblr, LinkedIn and foursquare
- Writing key university publications, such as the President's Report
- Editorial direction and compilation of research publications like the Discover research magazine and Compendium
- Website content counsel for college and university pages on the marquette.edu domain
- Compilation of resources for media, such as the print and online Experts Directory
For the media
Media and all those interested in Marquette can find updated information on marquette.edu and in our News Center, where an RSS feed is available, or on Marquette's Twitter and Facebook accounts. We annually connect hundreds of faculty experts to the media through our online directory, Experts Directory and personal contacts.
There is a Communication team member on call evenings and weekends to respond to media requests: (414) 288-4849.