The athletics monogram was designed for the express use of the departments of Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreational Sports. The interlocking M and U depict the teamwork that is a hallmark of our school's athletics. The classic styling of the letters indicates the long history of athletics excellence at Marquette. And, most important, the glowing, highlighted letters portray the promise of a shining future for our teams and fans.
For approval to use the athletics monogram or obtain an original digital file of the monogram, complete this form.
The Marquette athletics monogram was designed for the express use of the departments of Intercollegiate Athletics and
Recreational Sports. Only varsity and recognized club athletics teams, communication pertaining directly to athletics
teams, and approved merchandise may use the athletics monogram.
- The athletics monogram must be used in its entirety.
- The monogram may not be used by intramural sports teams
or divisions of the university not directly related to
- The athletics monogram must never replace the university logo
as the official university signature in non-athletics visual materials,
including publications, stationery, advertising merchandise or
- The monogram may be reproduced only from an original digital
file (.ai, Adobe Illustrator, .eps or JPEG formats).
- The monogram and/or its elements must not be photocopied,
scanned, recreated, reproportioned or altered in any way.
- Reproduction of the athletics monogram must adhere to color,
size and spacing specifications.
- The athletics monogram used on merchandise for resale may
be color matched to the garment per the discretion of the
- Any other use of the monogram must be approved by the
department of intercollegiate athletics.
- For questions or concerns about the correct usage of the
Marquette athletics monogram, contact Tim Raasch at (414) 288-0304.