Policies and procedures

Online Resources

For the latest updates:


MU Res LifeLike us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter


Downloadable forms

Housing selection, job descriptions and applications — download and print.



The Roomers newsletter, a monthly publication put out by the Office of Residence Life, is a great way to keep abreast of important events and dates in the halls.

Spring Newsletters
February Roomers
March Roomers
April Roomers


Housing Accommodation Requests

Special requests for housing based on health, medical or mobility issues will be reviewed by the Office of Residence Life (ORL) and based upon the type of request and the spaces available, ORL will work to meet the documented need for housing accommodations within the residence halls.  

In some cases, students may need to choose between their preferences for roommates or room type and the documented  special  request in order to for ORL to make the best housing placement  possible.  In some cases, students may be placed on a wait list for rooms that meet their need and preference.  

In order to request special housing due to health, medical or mobility issues, please follow the procedure described below.

Special Housing Requests Procedure

Marquette University Special Housing Requests
C/O Office of Disability Services
PO Box 1881
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1881

Upon receipt of this information, the Office of Residence  Life will determine what arrangements would be appropriate  to meet the student's needs based on availability, and if necessary, will work to provide reasonable alternatives if the student's specific request cannot be met.  

Submission of the Special Housing Request form and supporting documentation DOES NOT guarantee a specific request will be granted, but rather, will assist in evaluating potential special arrangements.

Special Housing Request Timeline:

In order to receive full consideration for an accommodation, students should submit their request before the general housing selection process occurs. The timeline for incoming and current students is outlined below:

Incoming Students: Submit request and documentation by May 1.

Current Students: Submit request and documentation by March 1.


Disability Services and Housing Placements:

Students are not required to register with the disability services office in order to request special housing consideration.  However, if students would like to seek services for their disability, please go to http://www.marquette.edu/disability-services/index.shtml

Questions?  If you have any questions about the housing placement process, please contact Sean Berthold at sean.berthold@marquette.edu

Student Resident

ORL Contact Information

Office of Residence Life
1032 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Carpenter Tower, Room 203
Milwaukee, WI 53233

Telephone: (414) 288-7208
Fax: (414) 288-5108
Email ORL