Transfer admission for students from other universities that have completed a bachelor's degree.
Students who are completing or who have already earned a bachelor's degree are considered external transfer students and the Doctor of Physical Therapy program would be a 3 year full time program beginning in the fall with graduation occurring in May. External applicants are accepted on a space available basis. For external applicants admission is very competitive and the following criteria above the minimum standards should be met for an application to be considered favorably:
- Marquette University is now participating in the national online application process PTCAS. Applications should be submitted by 11/2/15 for the following fall semester intake in August.
- Applications containing more than 1 pre-requisite currently in progress are not competitive.
- a 3.0 /4.0 GPA in the prerequisite courses is the minimum requirement although a minimum of a 3.2 average has been necessary to be competitive.
- verified completion of a minimum of at least 80 hours of clinical observation under the supervision of one or more licensed physical therapists. See PTCAS instructions for documentation. Additional letters of recommendations are not required.
- official transcripts documenting completion of undergraduate BS degree
- official Graduate Record Examination scores. Minimum of V150/Q150/A4.0 in the new system for 2013. Marquette’s PTCAS GRE code is 0558.
- the prerequisites needed for the Doctor of Physical Therapy degree must be completed at accredited 4 year institutions.(Community and 2-year institution courses are not considered to meet the criteria)pre-requisites are listed at: http://www.marquette.edu/chs/pt/dpt_prerequisites.shtml. Note the asterisk indicating intro class waived.
- There is a $20 supplemental fee and questions for the PTCAS submission which can be found at: http://www.ptcas.org/ptcas/public/Listing.aspx?seqn=821&navid=10737426783.