Transfer admission for students from other universities that have completed a bachelor's degree.
Students who are completing or who have already earned a bachelor's degree are considered external transfer students and the Doctor of Physical Therapy program would be a 3 year full time program beginning in the fall with graduation occurring in May. External applicants are accepted on a space available basis. For external applicants admission is very competitive and the following criteria above the minimum standards should be met for an application to be considered favorably:
- Marquette University is now participating in the national online application process PTCAS. Applications should be submitted by November 15th for the following fall semester intake in August.
- Applications containing more than 1 pre-requisite currently in progress are not competitive.
- a 2.4/4.0 GPA in the prerequisite courses is the minimum requirement although a minimum of a 3.0 has been historically necessary to be competitive.
- verified completion of a minimum of 80 hours of clinical observation under the supervision of one or more licensed physical therapists. See PTCAS instructions for documentation. Additional letters of recommendations are not required.
- official transcripts documenting completion of undergraduate BS degree
- official Graduate Record Examination scores. Minimum of V150/Q150/A4.5 in the new system for 2013. Marquette’s PTCAS GRE code is 0558.
- the prerequisites needed for the Doctor of Physical Therapy degree must be completed at accredited 4 year institutions.(Community and 2-year institution courses are not considered to meet the criteria)pre-requisites are listed at: http://www.marquette.edu/chs/pt/dpt_prerequisites.shtml. Note the asterisk indicating intro class waived.
- There is a supplemental fee and questions for the PTCAS submission which can be found at: http://www.ptcas.org/ptcas/public/Listing.aspx?seqn=821&navid=10737426783.