Paula E. Papanek, Ph.D., M.P.T., ATC/L, FACSM
Associate Professor, Program Director, Exercise Science Degree Program
Department of Physical Therapy
Cramer Hall 215
As the founding director of the Program of Exercise Science in the Department of Physical Therapy at Marquette University, Dr. Papanek has been teaching and training exercise physiologists for over 10 years. Her graduate work and post-doctoral studies were in animal models of hypertension. Dr. Papanek maintains active collaborations with the Cardiovascular Center and the Department of Physiology at MCW with an overall interest in disease prevention and wellness in human populations. Over the last 5 years she has been involved in community initiatives directed at exercise and wellness in both geriatric and youth populations.
M.P.T., Physical Therapy, 1999, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI.
Ph.D., College of Medicine-Physiology, 1989, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL.
M.S., Exercise Physiology, 1984, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY.
- B.S., Nutritional Science, 1981, Illinois State University, Normal, IL.
Physiology of Activity (PHTH 7518) Course Director
- Nutrition and Sports Performance (EXSC 3189) Lecturer FALL
- Nutrition and Sports Performance (EXSC 189) Lecturer SPRING
- Physiology of Obesity (EXSC 2931) Lecturer
- Exercise Leadership (EXSC 3100) Lecturer
- Advanced Exercise Physiology (EXSC 4192) Lecturer
- Biology (Guest Lecturer)
- ATTR 3984 Co-course director
- PHTH Adv Elective Fall course director
- EXSC 4995 Independent study
- ATTR 4195 Independent research study
- Licensed Physical Therapist, State of Wisconsin
- Licensed and Certified Athletic Trainer
American Physiological Society (APS)
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- American Society of Exercise Physiologists (ASEP)
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA)
- Obesity Society
Dr. Papanek's complete CV