Lieutenant Colonel Christopher L. Van Hoof is the Commander, Air Force ROTC Detachment 930, at Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. He is responsible to the AFROTC Commander and the university president for recruiting, training, motivating and educating Air Force officer candidates. He is the senior Air Force officer on campus with dual responsibilities as Detachment Commander and Chairman of the Department of Aerospace Studies with rank of full professor.
Colonel Van Hoof is a 1996 graduate of the United States Air Force Academy. He has served as a C-141 pilot, C-17 Aircraft Commander, Instructor Pilot, and Evaluator Pilot, Squadron Executive Officer, Training Officer, Assistant Director of Operations, Group Executive Officer, Chief of Wing Training, Joint Transportation Staff Officer and Aide-de-Camp to the Deputy Commander, United States Transportation Command. Colonel Van Hoof has operational experience in combat and contingency operations to include combat deployments in support of Operations ENDURING FREEDOM and IRAQI FREEDOM. Before arriving at Marquette University, he served as the 60th Air Mobility Wing Chief of Safety and the 21st Airlift Squadron Commander. Colonel Van Hoof is a command pilot with more than 4,000 flying hours in the C-17A, C-141B, T-37 and T-1.
- Rating: Command Pilot
- Flight Hours: More than 4,000
- Aircraft Flown: C-17A, C-141B, T1A, T37B
Awards & Decorations
- Defense Meritorious Service Medal
- Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
- Air Medal
- Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
- Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
- Joint Meritorious Unit Award
- Meritorious Unit Award
- Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with four oak leaf clusters
- July 1996 – February 1997, Assistant Academic Staff Officer, US Air Force Academy, Colo.
- February 1997 – May 1998, student, undergraduate pilot training, Vance AFB, Okla.
- May 1998 – January 2000, C-141B pilot, executive officer, 13th Airlift Squadron, McGuire AFB, N.J.
- January 2000 – January 2001, C-141B pilot, executive officer, 8th Airlift Squadron, McChord AFB,Wash.
- January 2001 – June 2001, C-17A pilot, 7th Airlift Squadron, McChord AFB, Wash.
- June 2001 – February 2002, C-17A pilot, chief of training, 8th Airlift Squadron, McChord AFB, Wash.
- February 2002 – July 2003, C-17A instructor aircraft commander, operations group executive officer,
62nd Operations Group, McChord AFB, Wash.
- July 2003 – May 2005, C-17A evaluator aircraft commander, flight commander, 15th Airlift Squadron,
Charleston AFB, S.C.
- May 2005 – June 2007, C-17A instructor aircraft commander, wing training chief, 15th Operations
Support Squadron, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
- June 2007 – June 2008, Executive Officer to the Vice Commander, Pacific Air Forces, Hickam AFB,
- June 2008 – July 2009, Intermediate Developmental Education Student/Strategic Policy Intern, Scott
- July 2009 – March 2012, Joint Transportation Staff Officer & Aide-de-Camp, Deputy Commander,
USTRANSCOM, Scott AFB, Ill.
- Jun 2012 – May 2013, Chief, Wing Safety, 60th Air Mobility Wing, Travis AFB, Calf.
- May 2013 – Jun 2015, Commander 21st Airlift Squadron, Travis AFB, Calf.
- July 2015 – Present, Commander, Air Force ROTC Detachment 930, Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 1996 Bachelor of Science in environmental engineering, USAF Academy, Colo.
- 2001 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
- 2007 Master of Aeronautical Sciences, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, Fla.
- 2007 Air Command & Staff College (correspondence)
- 2009 Strategic Policy Intern, Scott AFB, Ill.
- 2009 Army Command and General Staff (Correspondence)
- 2012 Air War College (correspondence)
- Second Lieutenant May 29, 1996
- First Lieutenant May 29. 1998
- Captain May 29, 2000
- Major June 1, 2006
- Lieutenant Colonel June 1, 2011