Tips for A Successful Service Learning Experience
- Take control of your own learning! If you are not learning what you want or need at your placement, speak with your supervisor or site contact AND your professor.
- Think critically and reflect throughout this experience.
- Learn about the population that you're working with. Gaining knowledge before you go will make working at your site much easier and more enjoyable.
- Seek out additional opportunities at your site by asking questions and volunteering to assist in different activities that hold your interest.
- Utilize the community members, agency staff, and other people you meet as a learning resource.
- Maintain contact with your Student Coordinator as the semester progresses. We are here to help you address any questions or concerns you may have.