Office: 346 Lalumiere Hall
Phone: (414) 288-5804
Contact via e-mail
Dr. Holstein's teaching interests include social problems, deviance and social control, and research methods. He has published over three dozen books on diverse topics including social problems, mental health and illness, family, the life course, the self, and qualitative research methods.
- Varieties of Narrative Analysis. 2011. Sage.
- Analyzing Narrative Reality. 2009. Sage.
- Handbook of Constructionist Research. 2008. Guilford.
- Challenges and Choices: Constructionist Perspectives on Social Problems. 2003 (with Gale Miller). Aldine de Gruyer
- Handbook of Interview Research. 2003, Sage
- The Self We Live By. 2000 Oxford University Press
- The New Language of Qualitative Method. 1997. Oxford University Press
- The Active Interview. 1995. Sage. (Also translated into Japanese.)
- Court Ordered Insanity: Interpretive Practice and Involuntary Commitment. 1993. Aldine de Gruyter
- What is Family? 1990. Mayfield. (Also translated in to Japanese and Korean)