Speech Patholology and Audiology student

To apply for the BIES specialization program, students should first apply to the master of science program in Speech Language Pathology. View instructions and application form for the M.S. program. On the application you should select master of science as your degree and then enter BIES as the area of specialization. The statement of purpose submitted with the application should reflect the goal of becoming a bilingual speech-language pathologist.

In addition to the Graduate School application, students should also download and complete the BIES application form. This form should then be either emailed in electronic form or mailed in hard copy to:

Linda K. Crowe, Ph.D., CCC-SLP
Professor, Chair
Harriet Barker Cramer Hall, 223F
Phone: (414) 288-3428

Candidates for the BIES specialization must be accepted to the master’s degree program in speech-language pathology. Applications are first reviewed for admission to the M.S. program. Once a decision to admit to the M.S. program has been made, applications of students interested in pursuing a BIES specialization are then reviewed separately for admission to the BIES program. Admission is based on review of academic potential and evidence of Spanish proficiency. A Spanish major is not required for admission.

It is recommended for non-native Spanish speakers to submit proficiency results with the M.S. application.

Proficiency in Spanish is established through an oral proficiency interview (OPI).


Contact Speech Pathology and Audiology

Department of Speech Pathology and Audiology
College of Health Sciences
Harriet Barker Cramer Hall, Room 223
P.O. Box 1881
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1881
Phone: (414) 288-3428
FAX: (414) 288-3980
Email Us