The Ott Memorial Writing Center is staffed by undergraduate and graduate students who go through extensive training and a competitive selection process. Our tutors are not only strong writers; they are also empathetic listeners and creative problem solvers. Our reception staff are multi-taskers who can work independently and as part of a small team to keep the day-to-day operations of the Ott Memorial Writing Center running smoothly.
Interested in joining our staff? Learn more below.
Undergraduate Tutors: Applications for new tutors are now closed. Look for an announcement during the first half of the Fall 2017 semester.
- Our reception staff is composed of both undergraduate and graduate students from a wide variety of disciplines.
- We generally have 3-5 receptionists on staff and hire to replace our spring graduates at the start of the fall semester. Watch this location for information on hires being made for AY2016-17 during the first week of classes.
- Job description available here.
- Our graduate student tutors are usually drawn from the English Department, thanks to the generous financial support of the Department of English.
- If you are a graduate student in English interested in working in the Ott Memorial Writing Center, please contact the Director during the spring semester, before request forms are due to the Director of FYE.
- If you are a graduate student from a department other than English who is interested in working in the Ott Memorial Writing Center, please feel free to contact the Director to learn the latest information on whether we are able to hire outside of English.
- Job descriptions available here for graduate tutors and the Assistant Director.