The Marquette University Raynor Memorial Libraries Distance Services program was created to extend library services to currently affiliated Marquette users who fall into one of the following categories:
- enrolled in eligible online only courses
- dissertating out of state
- internships or other placements
Graduate students who are taking on campus courses are not eligible for this program.
- General collection Marquette library materials can be checked out to you and mailed to your home address via UPS.
- Periodical articles, and book chapters from titles held in the collections can be scanned and delivered as pdfs. Entire books cannot be scanned due to copyright law.
- Periodical articles and book chapters from titles not held in the Marquette University collections can be requested.
Services Not Provided:
- Non-general collection Marquette library materials including materials from the Reserves and Browsing Collection cannot be checked out to you and mailed.
- You may not request books not held in the Marquette University collections.
To register for Distance Services please complete this form:
Distance Services requests are submitted through the ILLiad (Interlibrary Loan) software. Please register for ILLiad. If you already have an ILLiad account please access it and updated your address/contact information.
YOUR RESPOSIBILITITES WITHIN THE PROGAM
- The materials you request must be for completion of University research, coursework or your dissertation.
- The materials you request cannot be used for employment related purposes.
- You must be a registered user of the Libraries ILLiad service, and place your Distance Services requests through ILLiad.
- Your address in ILLiad must be the out of state address where you would like materials shipped.
- You are responsible for renewing and/or returning books to the Libraries by their due date. Please note: ALL checkouts are subject to RECALL.
- You are financially responsible for return shipment of checked out books to Marquette University.
- Your financial obligation for materials extends until they are received back at the Raynor Memorial Library.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com or (414) 288-1997.